A violent crime has taken place when a perpetrator has used or threatened to use violent force against a victim. If you’ve been charged with domestic violence or another violent crime, it’s critical to contact an attorney. Call the our criminal defense attorneys at 770-999-0672 or toll free at 866-338-0555.
Here is a short list of some of the crimes that are often categorized as violent crimes:
- Domestic violence: acts of violence against a person living in the same household as you or an act of violence against an immediate family member;
- Assault: an attempted attack upon another person;
- Battery: intentionally causes substantial physical harm or visible bodily harm to another;
- Aggravated Battery: when one maliciously causes bodily harm to another by depriving him of a member of his body, or by rendering a member of his body useless, or by seriously disfiguring his body or a member of his body;
- Simple Battery: when one intentionally makes physical contact of an insulting or providing nature upon anther person, or intentionally cause physical harm to another person;
- Murder: when one unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either expressed or implied, causes the death of another human being;
- Felony Murder: when one, during the commission of a felony, causes the death of another human being.
Violent crimes are serious offenses and often carry mandatory jail sentences.
Therefore, if you or one of your family members is facing a charged which is characterized as a violent crime you desperately need the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney who will fight for your freedom. The attorneys at Miller & Hightower have the experience in defending these cases that you need and deserve. Further, the attorneys at Miller & Hightower are true believers of “innocent until proven guilty”, and until guilt or innocents is proven the attorneys at our firm will diligently and relentlessly fight for you.
To schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding domestic and violent crimes, please contact us.